Pershall is a native of Clovis, New Mexico. He has many family ties in Lubbock,
as his great great grandfather came to this area in a covered wagon and became
the first judge in Lubbock County.
- Graduated high school in Gallup, New Mexico.
- Undergraduate degree from Point Loma
College in San Diego, California.
- M.D. degree from University of New Mexico
in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Residency in Otolaryngology - Head and Neck
Surgery at the University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona.
- Private practice in Hobbs, New Mexico from
1986 to 1995.
- Private practice in Lubbock, Texas from
1993 to present.